Terms & Conditions
Throughout this agreement the terms “us”, “our”, and “we” refer to cedarwoodescrow.com and it’s operator(s) and owner(s). The terms “you”, “your”, and “user” refer to the person or entity accessing cedarwoodescrow.com or using it’s services.
Your Agreement to the Terms
Accessing this website or any services provided by it in any way indicates your agreement to the complete terms and conditions in this agreement. Any section or item found to be unenforceable by a court of law does not invalidate any other section or item.
A buyer or seller can create escrow transactions, if a buyer sends funds it indicates their agreement to the terms of the escrow agreement. The seller indicates agreement to the terms by either a) creating the escrow transaction, or b) shipping or delivering a product or service to the buyer. In the event of a dispute both parties can present testimony and evidence to a panel of 3 judges who will decide the case outcome which will be one of the following:
- Refunding the funds to the buyer,
- Releasing the funds to the seller,
- A 50/50 split of the funds between the buyer and seller, or
- In the rare case a decision can’t be reached, the funds will be released to a verified and registered charity of our choice and the transaction ID published on this website.
The results of the dispute are final and cannot be appealed.
We take many security measures, including but not limited to:
- Two factor authentication (2FA) via Email or Google Authenticator.
- All passwords are stored as a uniquely salted scrypt hash, which is then AES encrypted.
- All sensitive information such as first and last name, escrow description, cryptocurrency payout addresses, etc., are stored under AES encryption.
- TLS encryption between you and our servers to protect against eavesdroppers.
- Account lockouts to prevent brute force password guessing.
- Protection against cross-site scripting (XSS) and SQL Injection attacks.
- No coins are on this server, reducing hacking incentive.
We make our best effort to ensure the reliability and safety of our services however we can not be held liable in any way for funds lost from fluctuations in market exchange prices. Examples where funds could be lost (but not limited to these examples) are technical issues, 3rd party interference such as hacking or DDoS, or issues with the cryptocurrencies themselves such as software errors or 51% attacks. Cedarwood Escrow may agree with affected party not to attempt any publicity (including but not limited to social media, forums, etc.) action(s) against us. A settlement decision would only be reached legally to avoid defamation of our business reputation.